I want to fulfill this promise to a very good friend of mine, Sis Amy Suraya. Hope other bloggers may also benefit. Happy Baking dude!
250 gm cake flour/superfine flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
250 gm butter
450gm castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 eggs (B size)
70gm cocoa powder
1 2/3 cupsa (350 ml) cold water (from the fridge)
1. Sift together all A
2. Combine and mix C until smooth. Set aside in fridge to maintain coldness.
3. Cream butter, sugar, & vanila until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
4. At low speed, add A alternately with cocoa mixture. Mix until smooth
5. Pour into pans. Note: Brush the pan with shortening / margarine first ok.
6. Bake for 1 hr - 1 hr & 15 min at 175 deg. ( I recommend you to check the cake after 1 hr baked to prevent overbaked. You can check using cake tester, the cake is ready if the tester comes out clean after inserted into the center of the cake)
1. Simple Choc frosting
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
1 small tin of condensed milk
1 table spoon cooking oil (not the used one)
Method: Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Simmer it until the cream is thick using double boiler method. You may pour it immediately on the cake. Reminder: You cannot deco the frosting by using nozzle.
500 gm cooking choc
200 gm double cream/whipping cream
1. Chop the choc into small cubes and put aside.
2. Heat the whipping cream until bubbles.
3. Turn off heat and add chocolate.
4. Slowly whisk mixture until smooth and well combined
5. Let cool to room temperature
You may deco by using Spatula and pipe it using nozzle with Choc Ganache. It's also taste very good than the simple choc frosting above. I simply love it.