Sunday, September 23, 2007
Simple deco. Hope Allya like it.
# 4 Choc Chip CC sale. This time for a new officemate, Saiful.
We were also invited for the mini iftar as well on Sat. It was the first time we went to their house. The nasi tomato & lauk pauk was very delicious, even they quite rushing prepared the dish after came back from Kelantan.
Untuk Nufayl & Nuha, Selamat Hari Lahir, semoga jadi anak-anak yang beriman, berguna, berbakti kepada agama & keluarga.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
I've closed all orders except for Hari Raya order as already have few orders in advance and another 2 weeks will start baking Raya Cookies during the weekends. ;)
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Preparation time: 1.5 hours ++ ( depending on the disturbances around the chef :))
1. Green apples - 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced.
2. Sugar - 1/2 cup.
3. Bit of cinnamon powder.
4. Bit of corn oil --> this is the different with ummimon
5. Bit of water
1. Put all ingredients in a pan.
2. Simmer until apples are bit soft.
3. Mash some apple using fork.
4. Let it cook & leave to cool. I put the filling in the fridge for fast cool.
1. 2 cups of plain flour
2. 1/2 cup of shortening/butter (I used half shortening + half butter).
3. 1 tsp salt
4. 1/2 cold water
1. Mix flour with salt and sift it.
2. Rub in the flour and shortening + butter with your fingers.
3. Add water and knead into dough. ( it was a very hard time when making pastry as I think I don't have strong kneading energy)
4. Using rolling pin, roll out the dough
5. Cut out the rolled pastry into desired size.
6. Put the filling and fold the pastry.
7. Use a bit of water to 'glue' the pastry. Neat the pastry by cut out excess pastry. Use folk to further neat it.
8. Put the ready pie in th fridge about 10-15 minutes before you fry it to get crunchy pie.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
I'm selling this SMCC at very special price effective today until 30 Ramadhan only! Smiley SMCC frosted with chocolate topping and choc rice only.
Big size ( approximate weight: 2kg) - RM 44
Small size (approximate weight: 1kg)- RM27
Big size ( approximate weight 2.2kg++ )-RM 48
Small size (approximate weight 1.1kg ++) -RM 27
Order closing date :25 September 07
Sunday, September 2, 2007
The crust is made from Choc biscuits
The cream cheese filling is very smooth and has lots of sweet choc chips
Finally I topped the cake with choc frosting and choc curls
Size of springform pan-8 inch
Introductory price: RM40 (for first 2 customers only!)
Let's me share the mistakes that I did. Based on the recipe, I have to baked the pastry dough in the tart shell until half cooked. So, I just estimate the baking time for about 10 min only. Then, I poured the cream cheese filling in the baked tart shell and baked for another 10 minutes. I found that the filling is already baked, but the pastry dough didn't baked very well. I have to add more baking time to ensure the dough is cooked enough. Unfortunately, the cream cheese filling was cracked, and I guess because of over baked. Next time, I have to bake the pastry dough more longer, maybe 15-20 min.
Here we go the recipe:
The pastry dough:
125 gm butter
63 gm icing sugar
250gm plain flour
1 tablespoon water
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Sift flour and icing sugar in a mixing bowl
2. Rub butter in the flour mixture
3. Add egg yolk, vanilla & water
4. Shape dough into ball & refrigerate before using
5. Roll out and shape in to the tart shells
The cream cheese filling:
250 gm cream cheese
60gm fine granulated sugar
1. Beat cheese, sugar and butter until fluffy
2. Add egg and beat until well mix
3. Pour cream cheese filling in the baked tart shell
4. Bake for 10-15 min @ 170 deg.
You may add melted choc, blueberry filling or strawberry filling on top of the filling. Use knive to make marble effect.