Preparation time: 1.5 hours ++ ( depending on the disturbances around the chef :))
1. Green apples - 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced.
2. Sugar - 1/2 cup.
3. Bit of cinnamon powder.
4. Bit of corn oil --> this is the different with ummimon
5. Bit of water
1. Put all ingredients in a pan.
2. Simmer until apples are bit soft.
3. Mash some apple using fork.
4. Let it cook & leave to cool. I put the filling in the fridge for fast cool.
1. 2 cups of plain flour
2. 1/2 cup of shortening/butter (I used half shortening + half butter).
3. 1 tsp salt
4. 1/2 cold water
1. Mix flour with salt and sift it.
2. Rub in the flour and shortening + butter with your fingers.
3. Add water and knead into dough. ( it was a very hard time when making pastry as I think I don't have strong kneading energy)
4. Using rolling pin, roll out the dough
5. Cut out the rolled pastry into desired size.
6. Put the filling and fold the pastry.
7. Use a bit of water to 'glue' the pastry. Neat the pastry by cut out excess pastry. Use folk to further neat it.
8. Put the ready pie in th fridge about 10-15 minutes before you fry it to get crunchy pie.