I tried making this tart about 1.5 months ago. I never learn making pastry. I just give a try using online recipe from Yen.
Let's me share the mistakes that I did. Based on the recipe, I have to baked the pastry dough in the tart shell until half cooked. So, I just estimate the baking time for about 10 min only. Then, I poured the cream cheese filling in the baked tart shell and baked for another 10 minutes. I found that the filling is already baked, but the pastry dough didn't baked very well. I have to add more baking time to ensure the dough is cooked enough. Unfortunately, the cream cheese filling was cracked, and I guess because of over baked. Next time, I have to bake the pastry dough more longer, maybe 15-20 min.
Here we go the recipe:
The pastry dough:
125 gm butter
63 gm icing sugar
250gm plain flour
1 tablespoon water
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Sift flour and icing sugar in a mixing bowl
2. Rub butter in the flour mixture
3. Add egg yolk, vanilla & water
4. Shape dough into ball & refrigerate before using
5. Roll out and shape in to the tart shells
The cream cheese filling:
250 gm cream cheese
60gm fine granulated sugar
1. Beat cheese, sugar and butter until fluffy
2. Add egg and beat until well mix
3. Pour cream cheese filling in the baked tart shell
4. Bake for 10-15 min @ 170 deg.
You may add melted choc, blueberry filling or strawberry filling on top of the filling. Use knive to make marble effect.